PDA

View Full Version : A4 Avant 08

newbie2009
09-06-2010, 11:49 AM
Hi I am looking at getting a roof box for my A4 avant - there is quite the selection and a few good deals on at Halfords.

Can people give me suggestions on good makes and models? Also advice on size is appreciated - how big do they really need to be ? We are a family of 3 with a pram taking up mose of the space of the avant boot!

thanks

PFJones
10-06-2010, 04:58 PM
Hi I am looking at getting a roof box for my A4 avant - there is quite the selection and a few good deals on at Halfords.

Can people give me suggestions on good makes and models? Also advice on size is appreciated - how big do they really need to be ? We are a family of 3 with a pram taking up mose of the space of the avant boot!

thanks

The best on the market at the moment are the Thule range as far as size goes only you can decide that really.

I would recommend a trip to halfords to have a look around and make a decision and then purchase from www.pfjones.co.uk (http://www.pfjones.co.uk) as we offer the same products only cheaper food for thought :)

Scott
P.F.Jones Support Team

Dr Mcr
17-06-2010, 11:16 PM

thanks

Tonight I fitted a brand new Kamei Corvara 390k with Prorack Whispbars to my 59 plate A4 Avant. In my opinion, I wouldn't have bought a longer box than this for the car. It's a good height, fitting our bugaboo chameleon in (folded as a pushchair, not a pram). You can buy them online at roofbox.co.uk.

Although Hallfords boxes are on offer, I think they are still slightly more expensive, but you do get the advantage of having someone fit it for you, and driving it away that day (in case next day delivery isn't for you.

Hope this helps.

I bough

NascarMike
18-06-2010, 08:21 PM

thanks

If I was you go to www.roofbox.co.uk and choose a Kamei Corvora.

They are a great product oozing quality and have won numerous award from Auto Express.

In my opinion forget Thule, Kamei are the one to go for and they are developed with the help of Volkswagen at Wolfsburg.

See previous replies with Dr Mcr and his previous forum enquiry as well.

Go for the Whisper Bars as well, will look excellent on you A4.:biglaugh: