PDA

View Full Version : advice on tow bars and electrics

mya4audi
08-06-2010, 10:47 PM
Hi
I have a couple of questions but firstly i have an audi a4 avant 2ltr tdi auto 7 speed triptronic thingy. reg 55
I want to fit a westfalia detatchable tow bar and 13 pin socket to tow my caravan...
1, do i need to fit car specific electrics or can the cheaper option be done without causing conflicts or damage?
2, do i need to upgrade the fan or can the original one cope under usual towing conditions.
3, will i need to get the car reprogrammed as a result of fitting electrics of either type

Hope you can help :1zhelp:
mike

PFJones
01-07-2010, 05:08 PM
Hi
I have a couple of questions but firstly i have an audi a4 avant 2ltr tdi auto 7 speed triptronic thingy. reg 55
I want to fit a westfalia detatchable tow bar and 13 pin socket to tow my caravan...
1, do i need to fit car specific electrics or can the cheaper option be done without causing conflicts or damage?
2, do i need to upgrade the fan or can the original one cope under usual towing conditions.
3, will i need to get the car reprogrammed as a result of fitting electrics of either type

Hope you can help :1zhelp:
mike

Hi Mike,

I am sorry it has taken so long for me to respond, I hope you are still looking for a towbar.

The bar you need can be found on this link ----> Audi A4 B7 2004-2008 Avant Detachable Towbar. (http://www.pfjones.co.uk/a4-avant-estate-2004-2008-detachable-tow-bar-1.html)

Supplied you are looking at £360.85 + £10 Postage and packaging with next working day delivery to mainland UK.

The price includes Westfalia Detachable towbar and 13 pin dedicated Vehicle specific Plug in Kit.

With universal 13 pin electrics the price is £220.00+£10 P&P including the bar.

It is the B8 model that has problems your B7 model is fine in regards to the fan.

As far as universal or plug-in the choice is difficult, You would need to make the decision but I will advise you that if any problems arise as a result of the Universal electrics your Dealer will charge you alot more than £140 for repairing the damage.

You would need a dealer download wich depending on the dealer can be £50-£100. This activates the TSP to enable you to tow.

Hope this helps

Scott
P.F.Jones Support Team