PDA

View Full Version : What is the sensor mounted in front of the radiator?

buster2010
08-06-2010, 05:12 PM
At the bottom, mounted just in front of the radiator is some sort of sensor. I noticed today that the pair of wires coming from the sensor were showing where the plastic sheath had pulled away from the sensor housing. I've just taped it up to protect the wires and try and stop water getting inside.

Is this an important sensor I need to fix properly? Or maybe just the outside air temp sensor that reads on the dashboard?

fourringsrus
08-06-2010, 06:17 PM
That will be a coolant temperature sensor if it is fitted to the radiator,if not part of the rad then maybe as you suggested an outside temp sensor

buster2010
09-06-2010, 06:58 PM
It's not part of the radiator, it's mounted in front of the radiator in a position to catch the incoming air from the front. I'm going to guess this is the outside temo sensor and that it's not used by the engine management system. The dashboard temp seems to work fine so I'm just going to leave it taped up..

bez101
09-06-2010, 07:35 PM
It's not part of the radiator, it's mounted in front of the radiator in a position to catch the incoming air from the front. I'm going to guess this is the outside temo sensor and that it's not used by the engine management system. The dashboard temp seems to work fine so I'm just going to leave it taped up..
take a pic then one of us can tell you what it is