PDA

View Full Version : Flashing dashboard lights and clicking noises

Pilote
03-06-2007, 09:51 AM
Hi, I have a 20vT Passat year 2000 been very properly behaved until recently - seems to take some turning over and the dashboard lights flash on and off and there is a clicking noise in the passenger door then it fires up - last night I started it up and into first gear and nothing engine running but foot to floor on accelerator and not a rev at all - left engine running for 20 mins and then decided to have a go in reverse, stalled it and on re-start had revs and got it home - its recently been on a diagnosic scan found nothing - and we had a towbar fitted - if anyone has had similar problems please give me any help the wife's terrified to drive it now in case it does the same again. :(

onzarob
03-06-2007, 07:17 PM
I moved your post to a thread of your own, hopefully someone will be able to help,I can only assume its electrical:dunno:

passat 1 b5
16-06-2007, 04:08 PM
hi pilote,what other eecrical systems are playing up ?does the engine turn over at normal speed are the headlamps nice and bright if these are ok i would probabley check the ignition switch first if your electrical knowledge is good check supplys to it are all present and correct if this is ok maybe replace the switch internal contacts maybe poor.Other then that look at the connections and see if they are in good condition and not burnt out hope this helps